Canon is the top leading multinational corporation that has been manufacturing the imaging and the optical products like cameras, printers, and many more products, for generating the outputs of higher quality. The Canon printers are one of the most popular printers among the users because of its features like fast printing, stunning professional outputs, long lasting photos & documents in brilliant colors, high volume color as well as black & white printing, and many more. To enjoy all these features of the Canon printer, the users need to download and install its drivers on to the device.
The Canon printer drivers are required for the proper functioning and execution of the printers. The users may download the drivers of the printers either via online mode or offline mode. In offline mode, the drivers are located on the installation CD that comes along with the device at the time of purchase. And if the CD is lost then the users may also download it through the official website of the Canon printers.
Steps for downloading the drivers for a Canon Printers:
Before initiating with the process of downloading the drivers of the Canon Printers, the users should have the information about the following topics:
- Canon Printer product type, series name and the model number.
- Manufacturer and version of the operating system of the computer.
Now, follow the steps mentioned below to download the drivers of the Canon printers:
- Visit the Official website of the Canon printers.
- And then, click the “Support and Downloads” tab.
- A page will appear on the screen, displaying a form that need to be filled by the users.
- On this page, click the “Select your product category” button.
- A small window will appear on the screen, displaying all the Canon products.
- Navigate and select the type of printer that the users are using such as Inkjet printers, Laser printers and so on.
- And then, fill the details about the printer product series and its model number.
- At last, set the document type as “Drivers & software” in the form.
- And then, click the “Find” button.
- After this, the users will be directed to the page displaying showing all the links or sources, by which they can easily download the drivers of the product as per their system requirements.
- Now, select the link and ensure that the drivers are compatible with the users’ system by going through the descriptive details mentioned on that link page.
- If the drivers are compatible with the system then, click the “Download Now” button on that link page.
- The driver installation file or the .exe file will be downloaded to the “Downloads” folder (by default) of the computer unless the location is changed by the users.
Steps for installing the drivers for a Canon Printers:
- Access the “Downloads” folder of the computer or to the location where the installation file has been downloaded by the users.
- Now, click on “Run” button.
- After this, the installation wizard will appear on the screen, showing the set of instructions to be followed while installing the drivers.
- The installation process will take few minutes and wait till gets completed.
- At last, click the “Finish” button to exit the wizard.
At any point, if you face a technical issue then contact Office customer support team. The technicians working 24*7 will be glad to assist you. You can also visit to canon support number